Hopeful News & Memorable Quotes

HOPEFUL NEWS

This just in...we heard today that our bags were apparently sent to Milan on Monday evening, and will be delivered to us from there. Where, exactly, we don't know. But they have our Rome and Venice accommodation info, so things are looking up. We'll keep you posted. Thanks for your prayers.

By the way, had a great not-too-hot day walking around historical Rome today. Saw the Colosseum, the Forum, the Pantheon and Trevi Fountain. After I finish this post, it's gelato time. Woohoo!

MEMORABLE QUOTES

OK, so I tried to make this a 'separate page element', but this computer is in Italian, and I can't figure it out by where the buttons are (talk about giving away our true blog rookie-ness). Anyway, here's some memorable stuff said by us or people we've encountered...

- "I've got a splitting headache this morning. You'll have to forgive me if I'm not up to my usual sparkliness." - Alison, our host in Greenwich. This is more delightful if read out loud with a Scottish lilt. Try it!

...and later in the car...

Pam (to Alison): How's your headache?
Alison: It's still there. Thank you for reminding me I have a headache.

£££££

Chad (to Terri -- while evacuated at London Heathrow): They're handing out water to women and children over there.
(Terri leaves, then returns about a minute later...)
Terri (to Chad): OK where? 'Over there' is a big place.

£££££

Brit Police officer after about 4 hours of evacuation: Anyone wanna be a police officer? I'm sick and tired of it.

£££££

Chad: Pam is my rock. I'm glad I have Pam.
Nelson: We're glad you have Pam too.

£££££

All of us: Rick Steves is the best. (This realization came to us after taking time to read a lame Frommer's Rome travel guide and lamenting the loss of our bags once again...which of course contained three trip-relevant volumes of our Rick Steves collection.)

£££££

"I think God sent this cloud cover just for me today. Jesus is my sunscreen." - Nelson, as we walked toward the Colosseum to stand in line and (eventually) get in.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Well, its not a very exciting or intellectual post but I wanted to let you two to know that I am greatly enjoying your blog! I'll be praying for your luggage situation. I've had my luggage lost before and understand how much it sucks to be without it! I love the quotes, you guys must be having such a blast. Continue to make light of your travel challenges, that good humour will make your adventures all the more enjoyable and memorable!

Alison Adam said...

Let me tell you, if those bags turn up it will indeed be a testimony to prayer!! WE've had news reports in this past week of 20,000 bags still stuck at Heathrow with British Airways and pictures of mountains of bags. I have to go there Sunday morning and for once I am glad to be flying with an American company! Off to St. Louis on Sunday for some heat and a lot of Methodism.
Great to keep up with you.
Pam - still got that headache! ( I can't beleive he mentioned that - how rude, don't you think, Pam?)