Safely in London...with all our bags!

Hello everyone. Well, we're safe & sound in Greenwich, London at the lovely home of our friends Alison & Martyn, where, as it turns out, we'll all be staying for our time here. Had a mostly pleasant flight, except for when the guy behind me (Nelson) nearly shook my seat right off its hinges when I tried to gingerly tilt it back, on account of the guy in front of me had his fully tilted back pretty much the whole time, so naturally if I wanted to be more than two inches away from my little TV screen, I had to tilt myself back. Apparently he failed to see the justice in my actions, and expressed his frustration rather rudely. Eventually I forgave him, noticed he had later tilted his seat back, and felt especially justified in doing likewise. All was peace after that.

So we hit the ground around 11am local time, got ALL our bags (thank you *LORD*) and got through customs and onto the Tube fairly quickly. Found our way to North Greenwich station, where we called our hosts and were in their living room sipping tea a short twenty minutes later. Just woke up from a much-needed nap -- I think we each got a couple hours' sleep on the plane, but not more than that. Our plan tonight is to see some of the sights in Greenwich and find a pub later on. Shouldn't be too hard. There are about a hundred of them in Greenwich alone ;).

Thanks for your prayers for safety and baggage joy. The adventure begins!

5 comments:

Jane said...

I know how you love comments... Yay! You're there! In Europe!

End of comment.

Tony Funk said...

A pub in Greenwich...pinch yourselves, kids. It doesn't get much better. Nelson - take notes. You know I'll want a full report.

heather said...

I know I don't really have the right to be, but I can't help it. I'm SO jealous. And so excited for you! Have fun!

Fiona said...

Nelson Boschman! How the heck are ya? Well, obviously you're doing great right now being on an adventure such as this. I will live vicariously through you as I have only dreamed of being to most of the places you're going. Have a wonderful time and I hope it's ok that I peek in every once in awhile.

Nelson Boschman said...

Jane -- thanks for the comment!

Tony -- thought of you while enjoying a nice local ale called (appropriately) London Pride at the Cutty Sark. You would have loved the place.

Heather -- you can be jealous. It's Europe, for crying out loud. Thx again for the ride to YVR :).

Fiona -- hey! wow, it's been awhile. Good to hear from you. And yes, thank you, we're having a great time so far. Please DO check back...as often as you want...and as you may have read somewhere already: we love comments, so you're in our very good books already ;). Cheers.